OK in episode 4 of 24 hours to hell and back Gordon Ramsay visits a 30 year old antique restaurant called Shermans in Greenville, MS even Came with it’s own chef and was bought in 2012 by current owners peter and Allison nimrod Who decided to leave well enough alone and kept not only the name but everything in it including Steve the most overpriced item in the restaurant earning $90,000.00 a year, weekly is about this much without dependents give or take
The owners at this point were bleeding money they barely had any customer and everything was starting to fall apart.
Gordon Ramsay Went undercover to investigate with surveillance cameras and a disguise he took a few local farmer out to lunch so he can blend in what he found was even more disturbing everything was microwave Steve had not updated his pallet the kitchen was under unsanitary conditions such as the top of the warming lamps being caked in dirt, Greasy outlet, the grease catcher was caked in grease and the charred pan hadn’t been clean, The only thing that was up to date was the POS system and the 5 microwaves that they used consistently.
Meat and fish being bathed in the same sink as the pots and pans that are washed with soap and water in addition to being cooked on the same grill. Please remember food must be kept separated from cleaning supplies as well as other meats.
One of the mistakes that Alison made is she was very defensive with the reviews and often responded in a negative way. So here are 4 steps to responding to a negative reviews
Make the changes that need to made
Essentially I actually liked her original idea at this point Gordon Ramsey had ordered another employee to be fired instead of trying to place the employee in a different position however you can’t argue with Gordon Ramsey well you can but you’ll lose.
One employee was fired and one was promoted and rightfully so.
they had their first successful dinner service and there still open till this day.
- Listen, breathe, Don’t refer to them negatively (haters) and don’t take it personal
- Kindly apologize and thank them for pointing out what potentially needs to change
- Ensure them by telling them how your going to fix it
- Makes it right. Invite them back For a meal on the house
If you’re in the food and beverage industry it is important for you to not only listen to your customers but to check your product if you know health and safety rules such as cross-contamination, contamination and temperature control then you should know that if your product is not up to standards
for example I recently started by a franchised coffee shop on my way home and I had bought a parfait before opening I noticed it was not as thick as usual as matter fact was very liquefied so I try to get another one of the two that were left and same thing it was liquefied this is an indication that it is a temperature issue and is no longer viable for consumption so the manager gave me a fresh parfait and put the two that I had just given him back on the shelf. Don’t put food that’s been returned to you back on the shelf.
For more information please Check out the blog from
Make food safe again
E food handlers inc
In this very first emotional premiere of Gordon Ramsay’s to hell and back we see the transformation of Bella Gianna’s a restaurant in Congers, New York and deal with important issues that strike small business owners like immediately spoilers ahead let’s dive into it. Now the first thing I noticed was the owner Vinni who was suffering from A severe state of depression after the loss of his brother in law and the declined of his business. He Felt like he failed his parents who were the ones keeping the restaurant afloat, His level of anguish and resentment showed in the way he treated customers, his employees and his family, The chef had ultimately given up due to stress brought on by Vinni. The Decour was old and the kitchen was not up to code The restaurant had gone through hell with the help of Gordon Ramsay,The family, staff and crew a simplified menu, revamp, rebranding and renovation of the restaurant he managed to turn it around in just 24 hours while working together with ultimately it was up to Vinni To maintain this new style. Now I want point out a couple things.
- It is just as important for an employee to maintain order as it is for the employer. Make sure that you maintain your space and disregard orders deemed impulsive or illogical continue to follow food and safety rules
- As an employee of a small business understand that you are not just an employee but a partner and member of the family and to treat it as such even if that means tough love don’t just complain but maintain.
- Take initiative to improve company standards bringing your own style and flavor and make that difference.
- As an Owner listen to the employees and your customers change what needs to be changed and if you are past the point of no return and are bleeding money And can’t get Gordon Ramsay or celebrity to help you I urge you to set up a crowdfunding campaign and offer incentives to those who partner with you.
- revamp And rebrand your restaurant invite members of the community as well as influencers that will help you along your journey
- After you have revamped, Rebrand and renovate Use social media and sites like meet up’s to invite more customers to dine at your restaurant
- always remember you’re never alone whether you’re in business or in life so talk to someone about your struggle. Everyone fails in life but life is as long as you keep it the opportunity to rise above failure is nearby so don’t give up.
That’s what I learned from the first episode Let me know what you guys think of the episode and join me next time also if your A small business owner, student, I do blog on business and education as always don’t forget to check out my streamers the week
Marlar house for your daily dose of weird news visit
Nateflicks for employee evaluations, rewind and Pet peeves
Final facts with Alyssa, The opposition of TOMI LAHREN’s Final thoughts
Subscribe to their YouTube channel follow them on Facebook Twitter and Support them on Patreon if you need resume and cover letter checkout Alyssa’s website alyssamcnerney.wixsite.com/portfolio
As previously stated in one of my blog titled service transcends every thing as a business owner you are allowed to have your opinions just as long it doesn’t affect the way you treat your customers. When you own a business the only reason you should refuse service is if they are violating the rules of conduct and policy which is the responsibility of the rep to make clear what those rules are and the consumers responsibility to agree to those terms for example Hosta muerte coffee, Starbucks, Waffle House and happiest hour I’m going to break as short and sweet as possible
- In the case of hasta muerte coffee They profile and judge one man based on the actions of many this is the same thing the few do to the minority community two wrongs don’t make a right their policy is one that has been fought against through out history
- According to Starbucks they don’t have a policy stating that you have to buy something to sit down nor is it unorthodox to wait for a party to arrive depending on the behavior of the patron will justify if you as a manager or business owner can have them removed from the premises and instead of using police as your own personal security considering they have a difficult job hire a security company to handle trivial matters like the one in LA.
- Waffle house I want to talk about 2 instances the first happened in Saraland, Al if you are going to change for plastic cutlery charge it in the meal for the to go orders and if you are a customer write a review don’t make a scene. police should be called under extreme emergencies like if it becomes a violent situation the second incident was in pinson, Alabama where they locked the door and claimed they were closed now there’s 2 possible explanations why they would be closed and still have people in there 1. It’s a private event now because there weren’t over 20 people that could possibly be ruled out 2. It was last call they were going to shut down temporarily to replenish stock or fixing maintenance issues they weren’t going to open to anyone these were the last customer for that time and it’s Coincidental not everything is about race.
- Now onto our final businesses which is the happiest hour vs Greg Piatek in January 2017 a patron went into a bar by the name of the happiest hour to get a couple before heading to the 911 memorial while their he claimed that the bar staff kicked him out for having a maga hat stated that any one who supported trump and policy’s would not be welcomed at the bar let’s give him the benefit of the doubt for a second and say it was due in part to his hat a lot of places of business have strict dress code for example the Chucky cheese in Harlem has a policy that bars Saggy pants, due rag, bandannas and gang affiliated paraphernalia. Now back to the bar, the owner of the bar is claiming that the customer was belligerent and rude. If the customer is being difficult and is a threat to the establishment as an owner your are justified in kicking him out.
- If you feel bold enough to discriminate wear the scarlet letter
- Cops have a hard enough job as it is do not bother them with trivial matters
- business owners notify potential customers of any changes to the restaurant
- Neither Should jump to conclusions
- If you feel mistreated write a review
- Support businesses that will welcome your company
If you liked what you saw Please consider like subscribe and share this with friends supporting my blogs via PayPal or any of my affiliate links
Try out dosh the rebate app that pays you for shopping dining traveling and refer your friends
If you are a business,property manager or owner looking to have an alternative safety measure then you can call USS security the number is (347) 313-4648 or email Shawn Jenkins at email@example.com
If you need your carpets cleaned and live in the Atlanta area go to klean as a whistle
Checkout cherish pads these pads are made out of organic materials and do not carry the same chemicals as other feminine products that absorbs through your skin
Tyron Hopkins The owner and founder of IQUEBBQ catering service in San Diego, CA is expanding his faith and looking forward to having his own brick and mortar restaurant. Coach T as he’s often referred to in his community he went from coaching college basketball to coaching the Horizon Christian academy basketball team his team has worked with The Rock Church in San Diego and other organizations he will be working side by side with New Gateway solutions an organization that helps families that are on the brink of homelessness due to unemployment I’ll let him tell the rest of his story
If you need catering Go to his website iquebbq.com visit his Facebook page follow him on Twitter and Instagram
OK let’s say you have a restaurant or diner like midnight express you want people to come to your establishment You can advertise it anywhere by using all the conventional ways Google Facebook page, Twitter Instagram Snapchat or Pinterest or you could offer your establishment to meet up groups for example Star Trek meets once a month at CafeR and sometimes stone creek lounge but you could invite anyone. As long as guarantee that they’re going to spend a substantial amount of money. Same thing if you want to rent out your space like Ripley Grier. Look for people who don’t have a space weather a yoga class like naked in motion, a course or workshop like Renatus. And the opposite goes as well if you’re looking for a space or looking to advertise products and services Meetup is your best bet.